Wednesday, March 19, 2008

When does the soul enter the body?


I didn’t really think about it that much. I guess I just took it for granted that the soul and god was part of it all, and didn’t really give much thought as to when, for instance, does the soul enter the body.

I gave this some though and came up with the following conclusions, which are by no means an absolute take on the whole thing, as my beliefs may evolve as I continue on this journey.

“When does the soul enter this bundle of cells?”

Ah, the soul. To think that there is a definite moment, a magical or mystical point in time when the soul makes contact with a living organism would be absurd. There would be so many possibilities and just as many objections for any chosen answer.

This is what I think:

I believe the “soul” is everywhere and in everything. Every living organism has a “soul,” or essence, which is continually evolving and transforming in time and space. I see this soul as the living energy that creates life.

There is not a specific moment in which the soul enters the body, but rather the “soul” is in every single cell of a living organism as energy. The combination of the different cells and consequent formation of a body follows an amalgamation of everything in it.

Where is god?

Therefore, as I see it, this energy that is flowing in everything around us constitutes the very deity that some people call god. But I would be very wary of coming to a definite conclusion of what the essence of this immense energy is because I don’t think it can be explained or describe accurately with words.

We are part of a universe so vast, incredible, mysterious and beautiful and we are never going to leave, only transform, and that I think, amounts to some form of eternal “life,” only not in our present form.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a wonderful explanation, but it seems too simple.

What of the fertilized eggs that are never implanted, but washed down the toilet when a woman has her period? What about the fertilized eggs that are sitting, frozen, in a fertility clinic somewhere, to be discarded or saved for future use? Are there tiny souls in each of these things, and, if so, where do they go?

3dgar said...

Hi Brooke!

The point is that "Soul" is in everything and everything is "one." There is no division, only perception of division created by our own self awareness. It is a mistake to think that "Soul" is specific to human beings. Soul is the living energy that moves the universe.