Friday, October 5, 2007

Top 10 Novels of the 20th Century

According to the Modern Library’s Board these are the best novels of the 20th century:

1. Ulysses by James Joyce
2. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
3. A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
4. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
5. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
6. The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
7. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
8. Darkness at Noon by Arthur Koestler
9. Sons and Lovers by D.H. Lawrence
10. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

My personal favorite is Lolita, but I'll be the first to admit I haven't read all of them. I'm working on it though.





They supposedly had a preliminary list of 440 novels. I hope that at the very least each member read ALL of the works in that list.

Oh, by the way, they only considered novels written in English.

Mmm…

In any case, here is a recommendation for everyone: 100 Years of Solitude

No comments: